Water in the House: SERVPRO of Plainfield / Naperville South helps when you have water trouble in your home or office
If you have standing water, flood damage, or other water issues in your home or office, SERVPRO of Plainfield / Naperville South can help.
Water damage is a common occurrence in homes and buildings. You may experience an event with water from a heavy rain, flooding in the area, a broken sprinkler head, or even from an over-flowing toilet. Whatever the cause of the water problem, SERVPRO can help. Water damage is not to be taken lightly, as water can cause damage to flooring, wood trim, drywall and other parts of a structure. When water is standing in a basement, rooms, or even in a bathroom, it seeps into crevices and travels under flooring, trim and baseboards. If not properly dried, that water can create irreparable damage, even cause mold. Of course, the amount of water needs to be something beyond a common spill, although even a small, steady leak that is not stopped and dried can create big problems.
When to contact SERVPRO of Plainfield / Naperville South for water damage repairs and drying:
- Standing water in the basement
- Flood water has entered the house or building
- Visible damage to a window, door or walls, with water pooling in areas
- Roof damage that has allowed wind driven rain to enter the structure
- Sewer water or other plumbing backup
- A long-term leak has been discovered
If there is a question of whether water can be damaging your home or building, SERVPRO professionals are trained at identifying and surveying the damage any water may have created. Most importantly, we can remove the water and clean, dry, and professionally repair water damage.
After a Fire: Cleaning up after smoke and fire damage in the Plainfield/Naperville South area
Damaged by a fire, this smoke and soot covered wall was cleaned by the SERVPRO of Plainfield/Naperville South team.
When a fire erupted in a residential apartment building in the Plainfield area of Illinois, the local fire department responded immediately, extinguishing the fire. The fire and smoke damage displaced many families, and created a massive clean-up effort for SERVPRO.
Fire, Smoke and Soot Damage
The fire burned inside 2 units of a large apartment building, creating heavy structural damage. All told, residents from a total of 12 units were impacted and suddenly without a home. The fire and smoke damage was present throughout nearly all of the units adjacent to where the fire took place. There was also water inside several apartments from the fire department’s response, coupled with smoke smell and soot covering the walkways and stairwells, making the entire building uninhabitable for residents. After this fire took place, SERVPRO was called to assist in the immediate cleanup and mitigation from the fire damaged structure.
Cleaning Smoke and Soot Damage
The fire created structural damage in two units, but heavy smoke damage and soot covered walls, furniture and personal belongings in many of the adjoining units. Outside of the living areas, the signs of fire were found throughout the building. Smoke and soot damage covered brick walls up and down staircases. As part of the cleanup, SERVPRO was called in to clean the charred walls and restore the appearance of the building. Using a combination of commercial cleaning materials and steam cleaning, SERVPRO crews performed a thorough cleaning of all the damaged segments of the brick walls, removing all traces of the smoke and soot damage, making the brick and the fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
Plainfield and Naperville South Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Photo Caption: This DuPage County home’s basement was damaged by a water leak.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Plainfield/Naperville South basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (630) 369-9710
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Plainfield/Naperville South and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (630) 369-9710
When Storms or Floods hit DuPage County, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage. This customer had hail damage to siding and windows.
SERVPRO of Plainfield/Naperville South specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Plainfield and Naperville South, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (630) 369-9710
IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Plainfield/Naperville South is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Plainfield/Naperville South
SERVPRO of Plainfield/Naperville South specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- CMT - Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician
- CDS - Commercial Drying Specialist
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- HST - Health and safety Technician
- OSHA - 30-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
Plainfield and Naperville South Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Plainfield/Naperville South for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Plainfield/Naperville South specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (630) 369-9710