Disaster Supply Kits for Shorewood?
Basic Disaster Supplies Kit
If a severe storm hit Shorewood, would you be ready to survive on your own for several days? SERVPRO® of Plainfield/Naperville South responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year, and offer these tips for building a basic disaster supplies kit from the Federal Emergency Management Agency:
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
To assemble your kit, store items in airtight plastic bags and put your entire disaster supplies kit in one or two easy-to-carry containers such as plastic bins or a duffel bag.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Plainfield/Naperville South has a team of highly trained technicians on-call to assist you 24 hours a day. Call us today at 630-369-9710. We’ll restore your storm damage in Shorewood, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Plainfield/Naperville South is Independently Owned and Operated.