Fire Safety During Winter Storms in Plainfield?
- Test all smoke alarms at least once a month
- Install carbon monoxide alarms in your home
- Plan two ways out of the home in case of an emergency. Clear driveway and front walk of ice and snow.
- Make sure your house number can be seen from the street
- Be ready in case the power goes out. Have flashlights on hand. Also, have battery-powered lighting and fresh batteries. Never use candles.
- Stay aware of winter weather. Listen to the television or radio for updates. Watch for bulletins online.
- Check on neighbors. Check on others who may need help.
- Generators should be used outdoors. Keep them away from windows and doors. Do not run a generator inside your garage, even if the door is open.
- Stay away from downed wires. Report any downed wires to authorities.
- Be ready if the heat stops working. Use extra layers of clothes and blankets to stay warm. If you use an emergency heat source, keep anything that can burn at least three feet away.
- Turn portable heaters off when you leave the room. Turn them off when you go to bed.
Call Us Today!
If you have fire damage in your Plainfield home or business, SERVPRO® of Plainfield/Naperville South has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 630-369-9710.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.