Storm-Damaged Home in Plainfield?
SERVPRO® of Plainfield/Naperville South has responded to all kinds of storm damage emergencies over the years. Snowstorms, thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail, and heavy rain have all wreaked havoc in Plainfield at one time or another. Our technicians respond to storm damage emergencies throughout the year, and we offer these tips from the Insurance Information Institute for protecting your home from storm damage:
Exterior Inspection and Repair
Water can be prevented from entering a structure’s exterior through routine inspection and maintenance and making repairs as needed.
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check rain gutters and drainage systems and remove any debris
- Check downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the structure
- Check sprinkler systems and make sure the sprinklers are not spraying water onto the structure and that water is not pooling around the structure’s foundation
- Make sure water drains away from the building.Water is invasive and will quickly find its way into a structure when water is allowed to pool around the foundation. After a storm, or when the ground is already saturated by rainwater, the water may enter into the foundation wall through any cracks.
Call Us Today!
If you have storm damage in your Plainfield home or business, SERVPRO® of Plainfield/Naperville South has a team of highly trained technicians ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 630-369-9710.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.