Business Damaged by Downed Tree in Naperville?
Our local team of technicians in Plainfield and Naperville South restores storm damage 24-hours a day. The Insurance Institute of Business and Home Safety offers this information on what a business can do after a storm:
Activate Your Business Continuity Plan
- Ensure everyone is safe
- Make sure guests, clients, and employees are safe
- Be prepared to evacuate if structural damage makes a building unsafe
- Stay away from downed powerlines
- Safety first!
- Keep the parking lot and sidewalks surrounding the building free of debris, snow, and ice. Shovel after each snowfall. Keep ice melt/salt on the ground to prevent slips and falls.
- Place non-slip mats in front of entryways to prevent slipping as employees and customers enter/exit your business property
- Monitor your roof’s snow load to ensure it does not exceed its maximum capacity.
- Conduct an assessment of the snow and ice equivalent
- If you have excessive snow or ice dams, have your snow removal team safely remove the snow and ice dams
- Watch for signs of snow load damage, such as creaking sounds, a sagging roof, cracks in the ceiling or walls, water stains, and doors or windows that no longer open and close correctly
- In case of a power outage, use your generator
If a storm causes damage to your Naperville commercial business or home, our highly trained technicians in Plainfield and Naperville South are ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 630-369-9710.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.