Damaged Downspout in Naperville Home?
Water can cause severe damage to a home's foundation in Naperville. Our local team in Plainfield and Naperville South restores water damage throughout the year, and we have witnessed firsthand the damage water can do to a structure in a short amount of time. Although not all water damage situations can be avoided, many types of water damage can be prevented or minimized by repairing and protecting your home's exterior. Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Institute for preventing water intrusion:
Repair and protect your home's exterior
- Caulk and seal windows to guard against water seepage
- Inspect your roof for missing, damaged, and aging shingles and make necessary repairs
- Check your downspouts. Remove debris that may have accumulated in downspouts and rain gutters. Position downspouts so that they direct water away from the house.
- Check sprinklers and irrigation systems to be sure they are not creating water damage to the walls and foundations of the house. Turn off and drain outside faucets to protect against frozen pipes.
- Install gutter guards to prevent gutter clogs and keep water flowing away from the house instead of accumulating on the roof
Call Us Today!
You never know when you may need our water damage restoration services for your home or commercial business, but when you do, our highly trained technicians in Plainfield and Naperville South are ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 630-369-9710.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.